The Ultimate Chemistry Set for Older Kids Ready for More!
They can conduct water electrolysis, make potassium permanganate lose its color, test for starches, create precipitates, perform flame color tests, make chromatograms of leaves and chemicals, generate electricity from a test tube, set off time-delay and redox reactions, break down sawdust into glucose, and even depolymerize a yogurt container.
The lab projects and scientific explanations in this kit make it thorough enough to be used as a chemistry course. The 192-page, full-color manual explains advanced chemistry concepts such as chemical equations, atomic structures, and the periodic table. The manual is written at a more advanced level than the other CHEM kit manuals. You could call it a textbook, but the manual is too much fun to make that comparison.
CHEM C3000 has a similar hands-on approach to teaching chemistry as our other CHEM kits, but also teaches more advanced topics such as chemical equations, atomic structures, and the periodic table. These concepts are critical to continued study of chemistry. You can provide additional household materials for some experiments. Adult supervision required.
- 15 chemicals
- Test tubes with test tube stand, test tube brush and test tube holder
- Alcohol burner
- Lab stand
- Graduated cylinders
- Filter paper
- Evaporating dish
- Plastic mixing bottles
- Rubber stoppers
- Glass tubing
- Erlenmeyer flask
- Safety glasses
- Measuring spoon
- light bulb (6 V)
- Carbon electrode
- Magnesium strip
- Copper and zinc sheets
- Lab manual
- Quantity: 1 Kit
- SKU/Product Code: TK616 (manu. 640132)
- UPC/GTIN: 814743010260
- Age Recommendation: 12+
- Number of Experiments: 333
- Manual: 192-page manual
Manual Dimensions (in): 8.25 x 11.5
Product Dimensions (in): 21.3 x 14.6 x 7.2
Product Weight (lbs.): 7.7
Batteries Required: Yes, 9 Volt (1)
Country of Origin: Germany
Year Released: 2011
Awards: "Best Overall Chemistry Set" from The Wall Street Journal
- 5-PS1-2 Structure and Properties of Matter
- 5-PS1-3 Structure and Properties of Matter
- 5-PS1-4 Structure and Properties of Matter
- MS-PS1-2 Matter and Its Interactions
- MS-PS1-6 Matter and Its Interactions
- WARNING: HAZARDOUS CHEMICAL - This kit contains hazardous chemicals. Not for children under the age of 15. For use under adult supervision. Read warning labels carefully.
NGSS* is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.