Budding botanists will love getting their hands dirty in this unique biological science kit.
Learn about plants and seeds by conducting experiments in a specially designed botanical laboratory with greenhouse domes. Assemble the domed greenhouses, complete with thermometers and ventilation. Construct an automatic watering system to keep your plants from getting too thirsty. Grow beans, cress, and zinnia flowers, and learn how each plant has different needs.
Experiment with plant cells and capillary action. Learn how roots work to transport water and nutrients throughout a plant. Conduct experiments that demonstrate how plants need water, light, and heat to grow.
Discover the strength of a bean and how leaves sweat. See why grass grows back after it is cut and how cuttings can grow roots. Germinate fruit and vegetable plants from the seeds in your kitchen.
Grow a flower garden. Make tiny plaster bugs to decorate your garden. Collect seeds with your socks, and grow a funny grass head. Make leaf and bark rubbings. Learn how you can force budded branches to bloom in winter.
With a 48-page, full-color illustrated guidebook, this kit teaches botany fundamentals with step-by-step instructions for the hands-on experiments as well as growing information for many common plants.
- Learn about plants and seeds
- Experiment in specially designed greenhouse domes
- Grow beans, cress, and zinnia flowers
- Item No.: TK612 (Manufacturer: 567004)
- Brand: Kids First
- Manufacturer: Thames & Kosmos
- Subject: Biology
- Age: 5+
- Experiments: 21
- Manual Pages: 48
- Manual Dimensions (in): 5.5 x 8.25
- Manual Sample: View Sample
- Complete Manual: Download Manual
- Product Dimensions (in): 14.6 x 11.5 x 3.1
- Product Weight (lbs.): 2.2
- Batteries Required: N/A
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Year Released: 2015
- Awards: 2012 Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice Award
NGSS* (Next Generation Science Standards) Correlations:
- K-LS1-1 Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems: Animals, Plants, and Their Environment
- K-ESS2-2 Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems: Animals, Plants, and Their Environment
- K-ESS3-1 Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems: Animals, Plants, and Their Environment
- 2-LS2-1 Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- 2-LS2-2 Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
*NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.